DS106 regular students are guided to produce a radio show. I think this is an exciting task for me, too. Today I even had an idea for the show and thought it might be good to write a script which leads me during the production stage.
But now let et us go to the script of the story.
Title:Lisa's First Spring
by Earth Radio (Stefanie Jeske)
Content:Lisa was born in 1939 in Germany during World War II. Her mum, Erika, is an illegitimate child of an Italian soldier, who belonged to the Jewish community. Although Erika has never met her father, this made her an opponent of the Nazi regime.
Her husband and father of Lisa, Hans, was worried about someone suspect about the Jewish father of Erika. The uncertainty of what happens to people who are partly Jewish set Hans's mind, who loves Erika, against the Nazis, too.
Hans looked for help and support in his opinion and decided to listen to enemy transmitters. He knows how dangerous this is and that people are threatened to put to death for listening to BBC Radio.
Lisa was just a little girl when she imitated parts of the signal sounds of the BBC Radio station. Afterwards Lisa's father was arrested for listening to an enemy transmitter. Erika even frightens about he will be put to death.
Early in the year 1945 Berlin had a severe air raid. Erika took her daughter and they ran for shelter, already arrived at the shelter Erika asked a neighbor to take care of Lisa, because she has to go back to the house where she has forgotten a pocket watch, which is highly valuable to Hans. Erika doesn't return.
After the air raid the neighbor takes Lisa to their parents house, but it was destroyed. Erika is missed. Lisa is brought into the country, where people offered to give shelter to needy children. An old Lady became her foster mum.
Lisa doesn't know about her father, nor about her mother.
She is now five and a half and the war is over, but providing is bad. Nevertheless while playing in the garden she enjoys the green leaves and blossoms on the trees. Then the old Lady mysteriously calls her into the house. Like behind a mist she realized two people who look like her parents. With barely audible voice Lisa asked Mum? Dad?
Scenes (about a minute each):
- Lisa in the garden of her foster mum.
- Spring sounds
- rain barrel (sound)
- Lisa sings (LaLaLa)
- Foster mum appears mysteriously
- Introduction into the world war ii situation.
- Voice over introduction
- Family situation Mum, Dad, Lisa talking
- Lisa's age (5)
- Mum partly Jewish, no one knows
- Hans worried (listen to enemy transmitter)
- pocket watch
- Radio scene:
- Hans listening to radio (BBC intro)
- Lisa sitting around bored, starts imitating (faint)
- Walk scene
- Hans for a walk with Lisa (film sound 1945)
- Lisa imitates BBC radio
- Hans gets angry
- Hans is arrested, Lisa stood back
- some words of officials
- Hans says good bye to Lisa and Erika (embrace sounds?)
- don't worry, everything will be fine
- Air raid scene
- air raid sounds
- putting things together sound
- running sound
- talk to the neighbor
- After air raid scene
- mum hasn't come
- neighbor goes with Lisa to parent's house, Erika is missed
- neighbor tells Lisa that she will go to the coutry
- Again Lisa in foster mum's garden
- voice over is telling: Lisa is brought into the country, where people offered to give shelter to needy children. An old Lady became her foster mum. Lisa doesn't know about her father, nor about her mother. She is now five and a half and the war is over, but providing is bad. Nevertheless while playing in the garden she enjoys the green leaves and blossoms on the trees.
- Lisa meets parents
- Lisa hears faint talk, enters house
- quiet, Lisa whispers to herself, makes funny noises, but also noises of uncertainty
- foster mum tells that there are two people who wants to see her
- Mum? Dad?